Monitoring low levels of formaldehyde in ambient air
Formaldehyde, chemical formula HCHO or CH2O, is a colorless gas with a pungent odor. Levels above 0.1 ppm can cause allergy and acute health problems, e.g. sore throat, skin irritation, nausea, scratchy eyes and cough. Formaldehyde (HCHO) is also classified as highly carcinogenic compound. Exposure to moderate amounts of HCHO has been linked to cancer, such as leukemia.
GASERA ONE FORMALDEHYDE photoacoustic gas analyzer is based on combining ultra sensitive cantilever enhanced photoacoustic detection technology with quantum cascade laser source operating at a Mid-IR fundamental spectral absorption line of formaldehyde (HCHO).
This combination provides enough sensitivity (parts per trillion level!) to reliably measure ambient background levels of HCHO. It also gives an exceptionally high level of stability with a re-calibration period ranging from several months up to several years, and thus it offers a low total cost of ownership.
- fence-line monitoring
- indoor air quality and occupational safety
- biogas plants
- new buildings
- emissions from wood products
- traffic emissions
- selective monitoring of formaldehyde (HCHO)
- below 1 ppb detection limit
- response time user configurable from 10 seconds to few minutes
- high dynamic range and stable operation
- no consumables
- low sample volume (few ml)
- built-in gas exchange system
- long re-calibration interval (several months)
- user configurable monitoring tasks
- intuitive user interface
- built-in display presents results both numerically and graphically
- remote operation via tablet, smartphone or another GASERA ONE FORMALDEHYDE
- Our dear Stéphane passed away.
- VMM chooses for TAPI-400 O3 monitors again!
- Droplet's Mini Micro Pulse LIDAR
- ISSeP chooses Tekran again
- Cloud, aerosol and precipitation spectrometer with depolarization
- Monitoring low levels of formaldehyde in ambient air
- New carbon dioxide isotope analyzers
- Cloud Condensation Nuclei (CCN) counter
Stay informed? Sign up!Register yourself for our meetings and trainings. For more details please click on the event you are interested in.
Questions? Please ask!We are happy to answer all of your question, you can even send it online via our contactpage.